Check out this link. It gives some links to the final 8 on Rock Star:Supernova on Youtube. It gives links to performances and videos of theirs before the show began. My favorite's is Ryan's. Great cover of a Nine Inch Nails song..I have read some people compare him to Trent Reznor and I didn't really see it until watching this performance. Magni's made me laugh, and Zayra's was WAY better than anything she's done on the show. Dilana's was different, that's all I say.
Since we're at about the halfway point of the show, here's my rankings of who is left:
8. Patrice---She has that deer in headlights look down. The only time she impressed me was when she did Radiohead's "My Iron Lung"
7. Zayra--Don't get me wrong, she's horrible and has no chance of winning, but I rank her above Patrice just because she's so damn interesting.
6. Magni--ZERO chemistry and stage presence but does have a good voice. HIs performance of Live's "The Dolphin's Cry" was by far his best.
5. Ryan--I didn't like him at all in the beginning, but he's defnitely the most improved of the competition.
4. Lukas--He has amazing stage presence (except when he just walked back and forth during that Hole song), but I almost never could understand what he is saying. He might sound amazing in the studio though.
3. Storm--She has been versatile with her rock songs and slow songs..I still think she's going to win.
2. Toby--When he's on, he's really ON!
1. Dilana---She's incredible..I honestly think she's too good for the band Supernova. They never said one negative thing about her so she has an excellent shot at winning also. Her and Jordis Unga need to do a duet!
In other news, Charles and I saw Pulse today. I told myself I would never see a remake of a Japanese horror film ever again, but we had to see this because Kristen Bell was in it. (She was rushed the hospital yesterday because she slammed her hand in the car door, but don't worry: She's OK) About the movie..I thought it was pretty bad. It was what I expected though..I left the movie saying I would NEVER go see a Japanese remake ever again, and Charles asked me if I would go see one if James Gandolfini was in it. I said "Only if there's a nude scene with him".
I bought a bottle of the Kelly Clarkson Focus Vitamin Water and of course I'm crazy and am going to save the label. Charles was talking in his sleep last night which woke me, and he said "I like Vitamin Water...Isn't Clay getting his own? Oh nevermind" Hee hee hee!!!
Buying baby clothes is fun! My friend Manisha is due next month and we bought her 4 outfits today (one for 3 months, one for 6 months, one for 12 months, and one for 18 months).
Can you believe that the first new series of the Fall (Prison Break) premieres next Monday? I watched SOOO much TV over the summer. I thought I was going to get caught up on some of the DVD's I have, but there was just so much to watch. I'll be writing up my annual fall preview pretty soon. Seems like there's a lot of good stuff this season.
Our podcast is up to 34 subscribers. Itunes has us a featured podcast when you search for reality TV. I really want to do something to improve the sound quality. I feel it is our duty. We had a lot of fun this week talking about Flavor Of Love..What a deliciously trashy show! I got Charles hooked now even though he didn't really want to watch.